Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Thoughts and the (Unspoken) Unwritten

It's been a while since I last wrote. Writing is a process and writing it sounds cliche, I know. Today at 5ish in the a.m.I decided to talk to you again. What happened since our last time, when I was writing and you were reading me?

Well I helped a friend move after her spouse passed away from cancer. I went on several long bike rides and enjoy the saddle again. I started up tutoring French one on one which I love because I get a chance to help my students learn the language based on their specific needs and interests. Sometimes teaching a class of 19 like my last one is challenging. I love the one-on-one of teaching. Also I completed a Translator Workshop at our local Community College here in Des Moines.

Updating my composite pictures with my agent worked, I landed a nice contract month back and took part in a large campaign for a national energy company. The last time I heard it will be featured on television as well as newspaper ads, it should be coming soon. I am very excited, on the day of the photoshoot I had my own personal make-up artist and it felt very glamour. And, I am "still on the skywalk downtown Des Moines", on this big sticker poster and it's funny to see myself when I drive downtown.
http://www.businessrecord.com/main.asp?SectionID=45&SubSectionID=136&ArticleID=10971&TM=45826.21

I spent quite some time the past few weeks, reshaping the landscape of my life. It's my 35 year, it's an important one. I feels like I have been grooming for years. In an economy where a lot of people in the U.S struggle I count every day what I am lucky for and always tell the people I love right now why I love them so much and remind them also that sometimes letting certain people in your life is a sincere choice.

In the world of social media where everyone is your friend and by looking at pictures of others lives, we flirt with envy, as Melvin Udall said in As Good As It Gets (one my fav movies)

"Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good"

I believe that I have achieved more in my life when I spent time working on what I wanted in my life rather than what others had better in theirs. Wealth has increased for me since the beginning of this blog.
  •  Assessed all my current assets
  •  Set up financial goals for this two Q for the rest of the year
  •  Also Met with my CFP great guy earlier this year
  •  Diversified my sources of income (creative ways to supplement income, why settle for dull)
  •  Make choices based on what will make me healthy, happy and accomplished
  •  Use all the tools proven successful for my latest accomplishments and find new ones (read the HRB)
  •  Refine my craft, over and over and over and over, make it better
  •  Learn new vocabulary regarding finance
  •  Talk to my team (my ex-husband, my boyfriend, my best girlfriend, my mentors)
  •  Stay true to myself - gut feeling + faith + confidence + serenity
My focus areas:

  • Map screenplay
  • Outline for the Etiquette book
  • Secure modeling contracts
  • Secure 3 -4 more private one on one French tutoring classes per week
  • STICK TO my military calendar for exercising, training
  • Get the side of my car fixed
  • Register for a  3 credit Community College Creative Writing class
  • Register for Adult ballet Classes (since my French Mom passing away I never stepped foot in a ballet studio, I almost went pro to Paris)
  • Update my modeling portfolio and resume
  • Update my current resume
Time to sign and get the day moving, my cold is finally over, my nose is still stuffy but it all today my mind has spoken!

No comments:

Post a Comment